Sunday 8 January 2012

Training fully underway

The training is now on track - even if I'm not putting in huge miles yet.  The plan is to build up slowly over the first month to get the legs back into the motion of doing more miles.  So here's the stats

Weds - 12 miles
Thur - 4 miles
Fri - 4 miles
Sat - 15 miles
Sun - 8 miles

so week 1 down and 43 miles under the belt.  OK - don't laugh, it's a start and 35 miles more than I normally do.

Next week, I hope things will improve ( a lot depends on whether I'm actually called for jury service !!).  The improvement will come from all the shiny new kit I've bought though.  New helmet, long winter tights, bib shorts, new overboots and most importantly, I have a new set of cycling shoes all set up for the bright red Look pedals that now adorn the mountain bike.  The shoes even have carbon fibre soles for lightness and strength - watch out Thatcher - I'm hunting you down !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment