Monday 6 February 2012

11 seconds ......

that's how long it takes when you spit from the Forth Road bridge for the dribble to hit the water !!!!!  Yes - a strange fact for me to write on here, but as I was watching a cargo ship cruise back under the Forth rail bridge today, I wondered what the highest bridge would be that we would ride over.  Not wanting to do a full internet investigation, I thought we could spit from all the highest bridges on route and record the results.  But there again, is anyone interested............




I didn't set off until nearly 2pm today, as it was one of the coldest mornings of the year here in Edinburgh.  The drive was iced up and I thought I'd wait until it thaws a little before heading out.  It didn't really thaw today, especially in the shade, so I had to be a little careful heading out to North Queensferry.  The esplanade was thick with white frost in places even at 3:30 ish !!!

Giving some thought about how this cold and icy weather is hampering the training, I decided that an indoor 'turbo' trainer is what is needed to allow me to get a few extra hours in when the weather is poor - so one is now on order - I'd best clear a space in the house somewhere - I wonder if Ann would notice it all set up in the dining room ????

1 comment: