Wednesday 18 April 2012

Missing our wives

Being away from your loved ones for an extended period is never a pleasant experience. You miss their words of wisdom, reassurance, comfort and cuddles. Personally, I can't wait to see Ann in a few days when she comes to collect us, as i will not have seen her for 3 weeks. Andy also can't wait to rush back to Bristol to be back with Donna and the kids. Today however I think Andy finally broke, and sadly resorted to the comfort of another - Dolly the sheep. It took me ages to drag him away !!

And then we headed up the glencoe valley for a walk. We had intended to maybe do a quick run over the Aonach Eagach ridge, but a good covering of snow scuppered those plans as we have no space in our panniers for crampons !!! As I was walking, it dawned on me that Andy was tucked in right behind me again drafting. Is there any limit to the calorie and energy conservation methods he will adopt - shocking!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment