Thursday 29 March 2012

Cycling advice

In all walks of life, be that for professional purposes or for your own recreational activities, it's always good to seek advice from people more knowledgeable than you. 

I've read blogs, websites, and sought advice from other cyclists - all of which has given me a greater understanding of what I can expect as the trip progresses.

I have to give the biggest thanks for the advice I have received from the great cycling legend that is Norman Macleod - time trialling and long distance speed freak from the Outer Hebrides.


I received a heart felt good luck email message from him tonight passing on his final nuggets of wisdom and motivational advice, which I thought I would repeat here

Don`t force yourself on the first leg,but try to pace yourself, as we all would like to see you fit and well at the end of your trek.

You will probably be a few pounds lighter, but that would not do you any harm!!!

So please get ANDY to take your photo at LANDS END,and again at JOHN O`GROATS so we can see your " BEFORE AND AFTER "

So yes - as you can see, and reading a little between the lines, cycling legend Norman is wishing me well, but is implying I am overweight and in need of losing weight, and wants photographic evidence to see my weight loss.

So I would like to thank Norman (who is incidentally my father in-law) for all his support.  I will certainly be enjoying a few full caloried ales with the kind donation he has made to our beer fund - Cheers Norm !!!

Incidentally - more donations from anyone else to our beer fund are always welcome :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment