Tuesday 20 March 2012

Not long now !!!!

Since I started my training rides back at the beginning of January, I've been keeping a log of the distances I've been cycling.  With only a week and a bit to go til I head south, tonight I wondered how many miles I'd pedalled since starting.  A bit of tapping on the calculator revealed a total of 940 miles.  On top of that, there was half a dozen sessions on the turbo trainer, where the equivalent miles cycled, would have taken me well over 1000 miles.

So there we have it - I've cycled the distance already.  Seems easy when I look back at it now - quite a few tough sessions in there, but also some easier days.  All I need to do it compress that into a couple of weeks.

Andy has bought a new touring bike this week which he'll be using on the trip, so hopefully my old beast of burden won't look too shabby against his.  He was out over the weekend cycling with a good mate of ours Matt Illes, and rode from Warmley over the Severn Bridge to Usk in South Wales, checking out some of the route we will be taking.  Some impressive stats were posted - 4676 ft of climbs, 67 miles averaging 15.1mph and reaching an impressive top speed of 41.6mph.

With stats like that, is there any wonder that I'll be the one in his slip stream and not the other way around !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment