Sunday 25 March 2012

Final preparations complete

Despite the weather being great for cycle training this weekend, I'm heading south next week, so I have spent the last couple of days doing all the final preparations rather than out cycling.

All the kit is out, and I've had a practise run at packing it all.  Thankfully, it all fits neatly into the panniers, so my aim of going as light as feasible, whilst still taking everything essential and avoiding taking superfluous items seems to have been successful.

The bike also received a major service today too.  The wheel bearings were fully stripped and re greased, as were the pedal bearings, and a new chain and jockey wheels have tightened up the drive train.

Inbetween all that, Ann and myself had a real good couple of days in the garden, spuds and onions are in, everything tidied, seeds are growing in greenhouse, new shrubs have been planted, and that border that only seems to be growing weeds has been transformed with new plants and bark chips.  Gardening is all the more pleasant when the sun beams down on your back !!!!

4 more days left, so hopefully I can get a few turbo trainer sessions in, or the odd hour out on the road after work, but I'm as ready as I'm going to get - bring on Lands End

No comments:

Post a Comment